Join in the Battle For Better Banking.
Battle Financial, Inc. is building Battle Bank, N.A. (in organization) as a next-generation branchless, direct bank to help savvy consumers rid themselves of their existing banking institutions that continue to offer little to no value in their financial relationships. The bank’s mission will be to revolutionize banking, as we believe clients deserve intuitive banking, high yields, access to global markets and premium service.
Battle Bank, N.A. is seeking a tech-savvy, experienced, and knowledgeable individual who will be responsible for designing, configuring and managing our Microsoft Azure based systems and infrastructure.
The Azure Engineer/Architect will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. This is a full-time position, with a pay range of $100,000 to $150,000, depending on experience. Battle Bank, N.A. offers a generous PTO policy, health, dental and vision insurance, term life AD&D insurance and employer contributions to a 401(K) plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement Azure cloud solutions for the startup financial institution, ensuring they meet the company’s technical and business requirements
- Manage and optimize the performance of Azure cloud solutions to ensure maximum availability, scalability and security
- Work closely with other team members to ensure seamless integration between third-party and organizational systems
- Implement automation and orchestration techniques to streamline deployment and management of Azure resources
- Develop and implement monitoring, logging and reporting processes to ensure proper operation and compliance of Azure cloud solutions
- Provide technical guidance and support to the development team, ensuring adherence to Azure cloud best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the smooth operation of cloud-based services and applications
- Continuously research and evaluate new Azure features and technologies to recommend improvements and enhancements to the cloud infrastructure
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Azure architecture, security and compliance best practices
- In-depth knowledge of Azure architecture, services and features, including Azure Virtual Machines, Azure App Service, Azure Storage, Azure Data services, Azure Networking, Azure Security, and Azure Identity Management
- Experience with Azure deployment models (Azure Resource Manager and Classic), and related tools such as PowerShell and ARM templates
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, and other automation tools
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, and Application Insights
- Knowledge of Azure security and compliance best practices, including Azure Security Center and Azure Policy
- Relevant Microsoft certifications such as Azure Solutions Architect, Azure Developer or Azure DevOps Engineer are preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and implementing cloud-based solutions on Microsoft Azure, working in financial services or other highly regulated industry.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, candidates must have a minimum of 7 years related experience in Azure engineering in financial services or other highly regulated industry.
Read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Make persuasive presentations on complex topics to management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- M365/O365/Teams Administration
- MS Office Productivity Suite
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a remote/hybrid position. Candidates must be willing to come into an office located in Suffolk County, NY 2-3 times a week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Battle Financial, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws. We are looking for direct candidate applications only. Please no recruiters or agencies.