Global Markets Operations Specialist
Battle Financial, Inc. is building Battle Bank, N.A. (in organization) as a next-generation branchless, direct bank to help savvy consumers rid themselves of their existing banking institutions that continue to offer little to no value in their financial relationships. The bank’s mission will be to revolutionize banking, as we believe clients deserve intuitive banking, high yields, access to global markets and premium service.
Global Markets is an integral part of the Battle Bank promise to deliver greater access for clients. The division will offer clients the opportunity to buy, sell, take delivery of, borrow against, and store precious metals, open FDIC-insured deposit accounts and certificates of deposit denominated in a variety of foreign currencies, complete personal and commercial foreign exchange transactions, and purchase principal protected certificates of deposit. The Global Markets products will be delivered seamlessly utilizing Temenos Infinity for client interactions, and Temenos Transact for operations, middle office, and trading and sales desks.
The Global Markets Operations team includes Middle and Back Office functions which supports all relevant products and associated trading. The team manages all facets of the Global Markets client and counterparty onboarding, data maintenance within the various operating systems, trade and payment settlement, reconciliation, and other related responsibilities.
Battle Bank, NA is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and entrepreneurial individual to serve as a Global Markets Operations Specialist. Under moderate supervision, the Global Markets Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of Battle Bank Global Markets to ensure critical tasks and ad hoc requirements are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Once Battle Bank, NA moves into the production environment, additional roles and responsibilities could emerge.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Global Markets Operations, with a pay range of $70,000 to $85,000 depending on experience. Battle Bank, N.A. offers a generous PTO policy, health, dental and vision insurance, term life AD&D insurance and employer contributions to a 401(K) plan.
Summary of Job Duties:
- User Acceptance Testing for core operating system deployment into the production environment.
- Onboarding of client records into the core operating system.
- Performing all relevant Middle and Back Office tasks as well as all start of day and end of day processes and associated reporting.
- Reconciliation and settlement of foreign currency and precious metals dealer trades.
- Process and reconcile money movement.
- Regular and direct interactions with key constituents (Sales & Trading, Senior Management, Compliance, Banking Operations, Retirement Services, and Lending).
- Identify opportunities for streamlining processes and implementing efficiency improvements.
- Daily independent workload management.
- Project management and implementation.
- Demonstrable understanding of banking and/or capital markets operational environment.
- Knowledge of operational risk management (compliance, audit, security policies).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, perform and coordinate tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to consistently maintain high levels of productivity.
- Excellent oral and written abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to achieve group targets.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across various groups.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Teams.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 5-10 years’ experience in banking or capital markets operations (foreign exchange or other trading desk environment strongly preferred.
- Experience with Temenos Transact or Temenos T24 platform is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries while maintaining strict confidentiality.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a remote/hybrid position. Candidates must be willing to periodically come into an office located in St. Louis, MO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Battle Financial, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws. We are looking for direct candidate applications only. Please no recruiters or agencies.