Engineer – Hybrid
Join in the Battle For Better Banking.
Battle Financial, Inc. is building Battle Bank, N.A. (in organization) as a next-generation branchless, direct bank to help savvy consumers rid themselves of their existing banking institutions that continue to offer little to no value in their financial relationships. The bank’s mission will be to revolutionize banking, as we believe clients deserve intuitive banking, high yields, access to global markets and premium service.
Battle Bank, N.A. is seeking a tech-savvy, experienced, and knowledgeable individual who will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining secure software applications for our banking platform and for in-house use. This individual will also be responsible for building and leading a team of software engineers to deliver high-quality solutions.
The Senior Software Engineer will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. This is a full-time position, with a pay range of $90,000 to $125,000, depending on experience. Battle Bank, N.A. offers a generous PTO policy, health, dental and vision insurance, term life AD&D insurance and employer contributions to a 401(K) plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Build and lead a team of software engineers, including setting goals, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features with a focus on security
- Contribute to the development of secure software architecture and design
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code with a focus on security
- Debug and troubleshoot software issues and defects related to security
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure the delivery of high-quality, secure software
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior software engineers on secure software development practices
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Strong experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
- Experience with API based integrations
- Familiarity with database design and SQL
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong knowledge of secure software development practices and tools (e.g. secure coding, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Programming or a related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, candidates must have a minimum of 4 years related experience in computer programming in a Microsoft Azure environment in financial services or other highly regulated industry. Minimum additional 5 years experience working in computer programming in a Microsoft Azure environment in financial services or other highly regulated industry, INCLUDING a minimum of 2 years experience leading a software development team. Experience with startup environments and a track record of successfully delivering projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Make persuasive presentations on complex topics to management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Experience with Azure cloud computing platform
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with automated UAT testing tools
Industry certifications in secure software development (e.g. CISSP, CSSLP)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a remote/hybrid position. Candidates must be willing to come into an office located in Suffolk County, NY 2-3 times a week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Battle Financial, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws. We are looking for direct candidate applications only. Please no recruiters or agencies.